Stephanie Alexander's Banana cake recipe
from the book " The Cook's Companion ".
125 g softened unsalted butter
1.5 cup of sugar ( i use 1 cup of brown sugar)
1 cup of mashed ripe banana (I use about 3 bananas)
2 cups of plain flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground allspice ( I don't use this as I don't have it in my pantry)
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease the tin ( I use loaf tin).
2. Cream the butter and sugar until creamy and pale, then add banana, eggs, and vanilla extract.
3. Sift all the dry ingredients, and add to the batter alternately with buttermilk.
4. Pour into the tin and bake until golden or until cake test clean when put into the cake.
5. Leave the cake in the tin for about 5-10 minutes. Transfer it onto a cooling rack. Slice and enjoy..
This cake is very moist and delicious...yum yum