Waktu Mother's Day May 2007 kemarin, kita para ibu2 he..he..pada dinner di resto Italia "Michaelangelo". Aku pesan risotto ini. Dan ini pertama kali aku merasakan yang namanya Risotto. Rasanya enak banget. Lalu aku penasaran mau bikin sendiri, dan ketemu resepnya di Taste.com.au yang ambil dari majalah Super Food Ideas. Rasanya mirip dan nggak usah makan di resto karena bisa bikin sendiri dan bisa nambah he..he.. Anak2 dan suami juga pada doyan..apalagi Ariel, dia kalau makan kejunya dobel he..he...
Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
Ingredients serve 4
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 200g mixed mushrooms, sliced (we used button, oyster and shiitake) - aku pake button aja
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 large chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 50g pecorino cheese, grated - aku pake cheedar cheese
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Bring stock to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine and cook for 2 minutes or until wine evaporates.
- Reduce heat to low. Add stock, 1 ladle at a time. Stir with a wooden spoon until all liquid has been absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock (see note).
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Remove to a board. Thinly slice.
- Add chicken and lemon rind to rice mixture with the last ladle of stock. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Add pecorino and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine (rice should be tender but firm in the centre). Spoon into bowls. Serve.
Notes & tips
- To reheat, spoon into microwave-safe bowls. Drizzle with 1/4 cup stock. Cover with damp paper towel. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 4 minutes or until hot.
- The process of stirring in stock takes about 20 minutes. Adding more than 1 ladle of stock at a time will cause liquid to be absorbed too quickly, leaving the rice only partially cooked.
Super Food Ideas - April 2007 , Page 25
Recipe by Janelle Bloom