Welcome to my blog..:)
Feel free to browse and if you want to order just give me a call or drop a line on my email.




Friday, May 9, 2008

Cake Decorating Course Week II

Week II (19-4-2008) : Applying almond icing to cake.

This is how to bake a fruit cake. Greased inside tin with butter and use fine bread crumbs to dust instead of flour. Wrapped along the side of pan with 3 sheets of newspaper secure with baking tie or clips. Leave about 5 cms above tin to keep cake level. The tin ready to use.


Unfortunately, I don't have the pic of the almond iced fruit cake :(, I forgot to bring my camera again....., but the methods are the same if you iced with fondant. I used 1 kg of almond icing to cover 8" square/9" round. And brushed the cake with apricot jam before applying almond icing.

No comments: